David Wentworth is an artist/illustrator that graduated from the Massachusetts College of Art in Boston, with a BFA in Illustration and later earned his MFA in Illustration with a focus in graphic novels and concept art from The Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
Growing up around the woods and wetlands of New England gave David an early appreciation of wildlife and of the adventures experienced by living creatures in all their diverse forms. Story telling is prominently incorporated into his work, and he uses scientific themes to give it a believable strength despite perhaps being whimsical fiction. His work often skirts the line between playful and serious, both in mood and style.
David has worked for clients like Dreamworks, Sony, and Amazon animation, and is advancing his career as a concept/character artist and comic artist. He creates in a wide range of mediums, both traditional and digital. In addition to animals he enjoys science fiction, writing, history, theatre, biology and languages in his art. Besides using art to tell his own stories, he also enjoys taking on the challenge of helping others convey their visions and tales through art.
- Visual Ink Creative
- Squirrel Films
- Moonward Studios
- New England Olde English Sheepdog Rescue League
- New Horizon Picture Corp.
- Sacramento community department
- BLT communications (DreamWorks, Sony Animation, Amazon Animation)
- Best new media artist, 2nd place, "Werkbank International Gallery Competition"
- Featured artist on society6
- Best gore effects makeup '72-hour film project' 2011
- Into the Wild : The Art of David Wentworth (2019)
- New England Olde English Sheepdog Rescue League, original comic Blue & Jay
- Leon The Lion Children's book
- Minutes After Midnight Comic series with Squirrel films
Not So Tiny Dragons Artbook By ArtOrder LLC